At the Toowoomba Photographic Society – we regularly hold free education nights for our members. Generally these will be around a particular topic of photography as well as general camera and editing skills.
Below are some examples of topics we have covered.
Become a member today and get access to our whole library of education material and videos!
We welcome membership to the Toowoomba Photographic Society to anyone with a keen interest in photography. You don’t have to be a professional photographer to become a member of TPS. So if photography is your passion, then come along, join us and talk with like-minded people.
Toowoomba Photographic Society Aims
- To promote the general advancement of photography and its applications
- To facilitate the exchange of information and ideas on photography
- To provide a forum in which members may increase their photographic knowledge and skills
- To arrange Club meetings, field days & other events to build member’s knowledge, skill and confidence with respect to photography
- To provide members with links to state, national and international photographic bodies
- To hold and promote exhibitions of photography
|We meet on Tuesdays @ 7PM; Face to face meetings are held at DeMolay – Margaret St Toowoomba Opposite Queens Park|
Meeting information is emailed out to members via our MyPhotoClub website.
We also try to have a field day each month. Locations will be emailed out, you can see our planned outings here:
|First Tuesday||Photoshop Masterclass (Zoom)|
|Second Tuesday||Comp Night – DeMolay (DeMolay & Zoom)|
|Third Tuesday||Lightroom Masterclass (Zoom)|
|Fourth Tuesday||Image Review (Zoom) or Guest Speaker (location to be advised)|
|Fifth Tuesday||ADHOC – Zoom|
By becoming a member of the Toowoomba Photographic Society you get access to the following resources and equipment:
- Access to industry professionals with endless knowledge to share helping your photography get to the next level.
- Mentorship programs, both online and face to face.
- Practical training in the use of the equipment.
- Various speakers and demonstrations providing helpful information for photographers.
- Social interaction with like-minded people and meeting members from affiliated clubs.
- A forum for members to sell or purchase equipment via the club Facebook group.
- Opportunities to have your photographic work to be publicly displayed.
- Mentoring in one-on-one advice for photography.
- Being informed of current photographic trends, exhibitions, tours and workshops.
- Once trained, access to the club’s equipment including: Flashes, triggers, backdrops, screen calibrators and other photographic equipment.
- Monthly competitions where your photography is reviewed by accredited judges who’ll provide you with feedback on your images to help you improve, or confirm your skills.
- Access to members only part of our competition website.
Please see the below table for a schedule of fees.
|Type||Annual Fee||Website Fee|
|Individual||$70||Inc in Annual Fee|
|Concession *1||$50||Inc in Annual Fee|
|Life Member *4||$25||Inc in Annual Fee|
|Family *2||$100||Additional $10 per family member|
|Associate *3||$25||Access all training material, zoom meetings and field days but No comp access|
- Concession rates are for those who are retired, unemployed or a full time student (over 16yrs of age).
- A family is defined as one or two adults plus at least one child 16 years of age or under seeking membership.
- Associate can attend meetings and club activities, but can not enter competitions and has no voting rights.
Note: Membership fee entitles the member to attend all meeting nights
- Life membership is not a purchasable option for new members. A life membership may be awarded to long serving members or those of significant contribution.
We are excited that you’re planning to become a member of the Toowoomba Photographic Society. To proceed please fill in the form below.
You application will be sent to the committee, Once your application has been approved, you will receive instructions on how to pay and register to our competitions, this process can range from 1-4 weeks due to processing of paperwork.