We welcome membership to the Toowoomba Photographic Society to anyone with a keen interest in photography. You don’t have to be a professional photographer to become a member of TPS. So if photography is your passion, then come along, join us and talk with like-minded people.
Toowoomba Photographic Society Aims
- To promote the general advancement of photography and its applications
- To facilitate the exchange of information and ideas on photography
- To provide a forum in which members may increase their photographic knowledge and skills
- To arrange Club meetings, field days & other events to build member’s knowledge, skill and confidence with respect to photography
- To provide members with links to state, national and international photographic bodies
- To hold and promote exhibitions of photography
By becoming a member of the Toowoomba Photographic Society you get access to the following resources and equipment:
- Access to industry professionals with endless knowledge to share helping your photography get to the next level.
- Access to our monthly newsletter.
- Practical training in the use of the equipment.
- Various speakers and demonstrations providing helpful information for photographers.
- Social interaction with like-minded people and meeting members from affiliated clubs.
- A forum for members to sell or purchase equipment via the club Facebook group.
- Opportunities to have your photographic work to be publicly displayed.
- Mentoring in one-on-one advice for photography.
- Being informed of current photographic trends, exhibitions, tours and workshops.
- Once trained, access to the club’s equipment including: Flashes, triggers, backdrops, screen calibrators and other photographic equipment.
- Monthly competitions where your photography is reviewed by accredited judges who’ll provide you with feedback on your images to help you improve, or confirm your skills. .
- Access to members only part of our competition website.
- The following are the regular meetings we have each month
Week 1 – MicroSkills – Online meeting about photography skills.
Week 2 – Comp Night – Judging night where you get feedback on your imagery.
Week 3 – MicroSkills – Online meeting about photography skills.
Week 4 – Skills Night – Physical meeting where you get to do some hands on learning about photography.
Week 5 – MicroSkills – Online meeting about photography skills.
Please see the below table for a schedule of fees.
|Type||Annual Fee||Website Fee|
|Individual||$70||Inc in Annual Fee|
|Concession *1||$50||Inc in Annual Fee|
|Life Member||$25||Inc in Annual Fee|
|Family *2||$100||Additional $10 per family member|
|Associate *3||$15||No comp access|
- Concession rates are for those who are retired, unemployed or a full time student (over 16yrs of age).
- A family is defined as one or two adults plus at least one child 16 years of age or under seeking membership.
- Associate can attend meetings and club activities, but can not enter competitions and has no voting rights.
Note: Membership fee entitles the member to attend all meeting nights
We are excited that you’re planning to become a member of the Toowoomba Photographic Society. To proceed please fill in the form below.
You application will be sent to the committee, Once your application has been approved, you will receive instructions on how to pay and register to our competitions, this process can range from 1-4 weeks due to processing of paperwork.